President Muhammadu Buhari has told Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo State he will deal with insecurity in the state.
The President made the promise on Thursday while commissioning some projects in Imo.
President Buhari also assured Governor Uzodinma of dealing with the infrastructural shortcomings of the state.
While Commissioning the Egbeada-Onitsha bypass road in Owerri, the President said he was impressed with the level of development in the state.
Read Also: Buhari Arrives Imo to Commission Projects
“I have gone round and I am impressed with what I saw. A society without security and infrastructure will not progress and lucky this is where my vision has tallied with the governor of Imo state. I will use my power as enshrined by the constitution to make the governor achieve more,” Buhari said.
President Buhari lamented the spate of insecurity in the South East, particularly in Imo, saying, no society can make meaningful progress in the face of insecurity and infrastructural challenges.
According to Buhari, his vision of having a secured Nigeria with huge infrastructural progress has been marched with what Uzodinma was doing in Imo.
Uzodinma had decried insecurity and flooding were causing the State problems, calling on the president to deal with the two issues permanently.
- BREAKING: Army Set To Punish Female Soldier For Dehuminizing Corp Member
- BREAKING: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Enrolling WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel