Victor Uwaifo is Dead
Legendary Nigerian singer and guitarist, Sir Victor Uwaifo is dead.
Victor Uwaifo’s demise was confirmed by a close family source on Saturday evening.
The famous guitarist reportedly died after battling a brief illness.
Recall that the maestro dubbed ‘Guitar boy’ celebrated his 80th birth anniversary in March.
The veteran is renowned for his ‘Sweet Mother’ tune that became a world famous hit in the 90s.
Victor Owaifo was the first performing act to be honored with the National Merit Honours of Member of the Order of the Niger (MON).
He also was appointed the first Commissioner for Arts, Culture and Tourism in Nigeria.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike