Benjamin Mendy Charged With Rape
Manchester City’s Benjamin Mendy has been charged to court with four counts of rape and another count of sexual assault.
According to Cheshire police, the French player is due to appear in court on Friday.
Police say the charges relate to three complainants, over the age of 16, and are alleged to have happened between October 2020 and August 2021.
Read Also: EPL: Tottenham Beat Man City Without Kane
Mendy has since been remanded in custody ahead of his appearance at Chester Magistrates’ Court, police said.
A police spokesman said:
“Cheshire Constabulary and the Crown Prosecution Service would like to remind everyone that criminal proceedings against Mendy are live and that he has a right to a fair trial.”
The 27-year-old has been suspended by the club pending the outcome of an investigation.
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents