English giants, Manchester United have completed the signing of Uruguayan international striker, Edinson Cavani on transfer deadline day.
Cavani who was snapped up on Monday night has been without a club since leaving PSG at the end of his contract in June.
The 33-year-old spent seven trophy-laden years in the French capital, PSG’s all-time top scorer with 200 goals.
Cavani could make his debut as early as October 20 when United take on PSG in the UEFA Champions League group stage.
“Manchester United is one of the greatest clubs in the world, so it is a real honour to be here. I’ve worked really hard during the time off and I feel eager to compete and represent this incredible club” Cavani said.
United also signed Brazilian international left-back Alex Telles from Porto for £13.5 million ($19 million, 15 million euros) and agreed a deal with Atalanta for the future transfer of teenage winger Amad Diallo.
- Buhari’s Administration Disappointing – Jega
- Group Commends New Oyo Police Commissioner For Bravery, Professionalism Over Fulani Quit Notice
- 2023 And The Fallacy of Zoning: Delta Central Cannot Coarse Okowa to do it’s Bidding
- FC Barcelona Begs Banks to Delay Debt Repayment Over Impending Bankruptcy
- Kano To Introduce COVID-19 Marshals