Unconfirmed number residents of Apomu, headquarters of Isokan Local Government Area and Ikire, headquarters of Irewole Local Government Area are feared killed following a robbery attack on Wednesday evening.
Daily Report Nigeria gathered that the robbers reportedly attacked two new generation banks and a police station.
Sources say the robbers invaded the two communities around 6pm, and shot sporadically during the attack, storming Apomu first before moving to Ikire.
The bullets fired injured residents while unspecified persons were killed during the attack.
Sola, a resident of Ikire said: “The robbers came into the community around 5:55pm and were shooting.
“I don’t know maybe they were able to enter the bank and chart away money but I am sure that people were killed.”
Spokesperson of Osun Police, SP Yemisi Opalola, also confirmed the incident, saying “The Commissioner of Police, Mr Olawale Olokode is now at the scene of the crime.
“The robbers attacked two banks and they killed some people. They attacked a police station during the operation.”
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari