Bayern Munich Legend Gerd Muller has died as announced by a statement on the club’s website.
Muller died at the age of 75 and spent 15 years at the Allianz Arena stadium, scoring a total of 523 goals in all competitions.
The statement on the club’s website reads;
“Today the world of FC Bayern stands still. The German record Champions and its entire fanbase mourn Gerd Muller who died early Sunday morning at the age of 75.”
In addition, “Gerd Muller made history with the German record Champions and the German National team.
“He scored unbelievable 566 goals in 607 competitive games for FC Bayern and set the unprecedented record of 365 goals in Bundesliga, he also secured the top scorer seven times. For DFB selection, he scored 68 times in 62 missions.”
The news of his death, has sent shockwave to the entire world of football as players, ex-players, managers and football clubs as well as fans have joined to mourn the loss of an iconic footballer.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike