Olu of Warri Dissolves Traditional Council
Ogiame Atuwatse III, the recently coronated Olu of Warri has announced the dissolution of all traditional councils, committees, and sub-committees in Iwereland.
The dissolution was contained in a statement dated September 1, 2021, and sent to Daily Report Nigeria.
According to the statement issued from the royal palace with the seal of the office of the monarch, the dissolution is with immediate effect.
The statement titled “The Dissolution of all Traditional Councils, Committees, Sub-committees and Revalidation/Confirmation of Chieftaincy Titles in Warri Kingdom” reads;
“I, Atuwatse Ogiame III, hereby, announce, for the information of the general public, the Delta State government and particularly, the Traditional Rulers and Chiefs Committees, the dissolution of all Traditional Councils, Committees, Sub-committees and the scheduled exercise of revalidation/confirmation effective from 2nd day of September 2021.
“For the avoidance of doubt, the Warri Council of Chiefs, the Olu-in-Council, all standing adhoc and Sub-committees are dissolved forthwith.
“The mandatory revalidation/confirmation of Chieftaincy titles shall commence on the 2nd day of September, 2021.
“The timetable for the revalidation and confirmation exercise shall be made available at the Palace Secretariat from the 1st day of September, 2021 and the process of registration of all chieftaincy titles with the prescribed authority in accordance with section 25 of the Delta State Traditional Rulers Council and Chiefs Law (supra) shall follow immediately after the revalidation and confirmation exercise”.
Ogiame Atuwatse III declared that the revalidation and confirmation of chieftaincy titles will commence on September 2, 2021.
The Olu of Warri further cited Section 25 of the Delta State Traditional Rulers Council and Chiefs Law Capt. 2, Law of Delta State of Nigeria, 2008, in his declaration.
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller