President of the Senate, Hamed Lawan, has on Wednesday, asked the Committee on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to begin the screen President Muhammadu Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie, and five other nominees as INEC commissioners.
This is coming eight months after President Buhari sent the list of the nominees to the Senate for screening.
Other names on the list are Prof. Muhammad Kallah (Katsina), Dr Baba Bila (North-East), Prof. Kunle Ajayi (Ekiti), Saidu Ahmad (Jigawa) and Prof Sani Adam (North- Central).
The INEC panel, led by Senator Kabiru Gaya, has a month to conclude the screening and report back to the red chamber at plenary.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari