Shehu Shagari’s Wife, Hadiza Dies
Hadiza Shagari, the wife of Nigeria’s former President, late Shehu Shagari has died, following a battle with COVID-19 complications.
Hadiza’s demise was announced by Capt. Muhammad Bala Shagari (rtd), in a signed statement on Thursday and was shared on Facebook by Bello Shagari, one of the grandsons of Shehu Shagari.
According to the statement, there will be a funeral prayer Hadiza today at the National Mosque in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.
“We regret to announce the demise of our beloved mother, Hajiya Hadiza Shehu Shagari, the wife of H.E late President Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari, GCFR (Turakin Sokoto),” the statement read.
“We lost her in the early hours of today, 12th August 2021, at about 3.00am, after battling COVID-19 at the Gwagwalada Isolation Centre in Abuja.
“Hajiya Hadiza Shehu Shagari was 80 years old. Her Jana’iza (Funeral Prayer) will take place today, at 4.00pm, immediately after Asr prayer, at the National Mosque, Abuja.”
Hadiza Shagari died at the age of 80.
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents