U.S. President Joe Biden has declared 6,000 troops are being deployed to Afghanistan to assist in the evacuation of its citizens, allies and Afghan partners out of the country.
Biden disclosed this while addressing the American public from the White House on Monday.
“Over the coming days we intend to transport out thousands of American citizens who have been living and working in Afghanistan while also continuing to support the safe departure of civilian personnel of our allies who are still serving in Afghanistan.
“The U.S. military will assist with moving special immigrant visa-eligible Afghans and their families out of Afghanistan,”
“American troops are performing this mission as professionally and effectively as they always do. But it is not without risks.
“As we carry out this departure, we have made it clear to the Taliban that if they attack our personnel or disrupt our operation, the U.S. response will be swift and forceful.
“We will defend our people with devastating force if necessary,”
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike