A voter has been shot dead by suspected thugs at the ongoing Isoko South Constituency 1 by election for the Delta State House of Assembly.
According to eyewitnesses, the unlucky voter was gunned down at at about 3:15 pm when armed thugs invaded polling unit 5 of Irri Ward 10.
The thugs reportedly snatched away the ballot papers used for the exercise.
The hoodlums stormed the election venue wielding AK47 riffles and shot sporadically in the air to scare away voters.
One of gunmen shot at the victim for yet to be ascertained reasons.
There was relative peace and calm prior to the incident as no violence was reported.
The bye election is being contested by candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Hon. Ovuakpoye Evivie; Comrade Michael Emumena Paul of the Social Democratic party (SDP) and Dr Ogaga Ifowodo of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike