#BringBackGEJ campaign for Jonathan
A youth group, Youths Earnestly Demand For Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, YED4GEJ 2023, has urged all Nigerians to join efforts to convince former President, Goodluck Jonathan to join the 2023 presidential race.
YED4GEJ made the call on Sunday saying the former President can proffer solutions to all the problems facing the country.
The group in a statement on Sunday, announced the #BringbackGEJ project, the hash tag for the campaign to convince the former governor of Bayelsa state to join the contest in 2023.
Jonathan had lost to incumbent President, Muhammadu Buhari in the 2015 polls after just one full term in office.
In the statement released bg the National Chairman, Prince Teddy Omiloli and National Director of Operations, Comrade Douye Daniel on Sunday, YED4GEJ 2023 asked all Nigerians to join the campaign for the return of Jonathan and also join its #BringbackGEJ project.
According to the group, Jonathan would tackle the challenges bedeviling the country if he is allowed to return to office as Nigeria’s president.
YED4GEJ 2023 noted that Jonathan had begun the process of restructuring of the country with the national confab he convened in 2014 before he was kicked out office a year late.
It added that it is convinced that the former President will implement resolutions reached at the summit if he is allowed to return to office.
“We, as youths of this great nation after discovering the Nigeria problems and found the solution in Goodluck Jonathan, we are calling on all Nigerians including our political elites, present administration and religious leaders to join the call for the return of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and also join our #BringbackGEJ project.
“At this point in time, after a vivid look into the ideologies and activities of our present political players which includes the youths and elders, we saw in Goodluck Jonathan, a true democrat, a nation builder, a divine inspired goal oriented leader of integrity that has the solution to the present Nigeria problems.
“He (Jonathan) has proven that he can sacrifice anything to ensure the unity, peace and development of our great nation Nigeria.”
YED4GEJ 2023 added that its members are ready to purchase nomination form for the former president and will also fund his campaign to return to power if he accepts their call which they described as ‘divine’ call..
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari