Former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Sanusi Lamido has lamented the carefree attitude of President Muhammadu Buhari towards nipping security issues in the bud.
The sacked Emir of Kano opines that the one of the successes recorded by the Buhari administration is the creation of a monster in the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, a situation he says will soon consume Nigeria.
To further buttress his point, Sanusi iterated that no youth of Igbo extraction believes in the One Nigeria mantra, as they don’t even believe in an Igbo son becoming a president of the country.
Expressing his fears, Sanusi said;
“President Muhammad Buhari’s greatest achievement is that he has created a monster(IPOB) that will soon consume Nigeria.
“An average Igbo Youth is a member of IPOB by spirit, and it will be difficult to make them believe in one Nigeria, even When Buhari has left.
“Igbo Youths don’t care about anything in Nigeria anymore, and even Igbo presidency doesn’t interest them anymore.
“My greatest fear is that Igbo Youths are in every State in Nigeria, and if they decide to carry arms, Nigeria will be history.”
- Oyedepo Backs Regulation of Social Media
- EFCC Will Prosecute Uzor Kalu Again, Says Bawa
- One Student Killed as Troops Rescue Five Abducted From Kebbi School
- COVID Cases in Africa Increased by 52% in One Week, May Get Worse – WHO
- Police: Van Used To Kidnap Kebbi Students Belongs To a Judge — Bandits Hijacked it From Him
- Buhari is Not Sick, He Moved Round Borno For Six Hours – Ali Ndume
- Insecurity: I Feel Safer in Maiduguri Than Abuja – Ndume
- I Don’t Think Gunmen Who Attacked my School Are Nigerians, Says Kebbi Student
- EndSARS protester, Nicolas Mbah regains freedom after spending several months in kirikiri prison
- Uzodimma Seeks Additional State For South East, Defends Buhari on Restructuring