Muhammed Babandede, comptroller-general of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), has assured Nigerians of more secured borders.
Bandede said this is due to more responsibilities given by President Muhammadu Buhari to the agency on security of the Nation’s borders.
The NIS boss stated this on Friday, after a closed-door meeting with the president in Abuja.
Speaking with state house correspondents after the meeting, he said: “I came to brief Mr President because he has tasked us individually as people in the agency responsible for security like us, to see what we can do to make Nigeria safer, greater and more attractive,” NAN quoted Babandede as saying.
“As we are all aware, NIS is a security agency that is responsible for borders. At the same time, it is an agency that contributes to the ease of doing business.
“So today, I’ve been able to brief Mr President on what we are doing and he has given me additional responsibilities on what we can do to make this country safer and better.
“Nigerians should be happier that the borders will be safer now than before, and efforts will be made to make sure there is no counter-crossing across our borders.
“All persons who are in our country, who are non-Nigerians, we must monitor to see what they’re doing that are of benefit to this country.”
“As you are aware, each person enters Nigeria with a condition, whether to do a business or to establish a business, but not to take the business of Nigerians,” he said.
“So, Mr. President has tasked us to make sure we look at this issue deeply to make sure that Nigerian labour is protected, Nigerian economy is protected, not taken away by foreigners who just come to do business and take away the money and not to invest.
“I’m glad to say that Mr President has tasked us further. I may not be able to reveal those tasks, but we’ll do our best to keep Nigeria safer through effective border management and control.”
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents