President Muhammadu Buhari has formally launched the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme, a fully paid Post-National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) work placement programme for Nigerian youths.
The Programme is aimed at providing opportunities for Nigerian youths to receive mentorship and support from already engaged mentors, who have relevant experience and has built capacity over the years in various industries.
The programme will help build a new culture of mentorship and also guide youths in charting up a new course for skills development and work experience.
The president further stated that the programme is expected to create new opportunities for 20,000 graduates annually, while he urged the beneficiaries to maximise the opportunities presented to them.
“The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme is a fully paid post-NYSC work placement programme for Nigerians, that will provide an opportunity for mentors who are already engaged in various industries and have gained relevant experience and built capacity over the years to provide mentorship and support for the young Nigerians that will be on the programme.
“Beyond the skills and work experience, we will be building a new culture of mentorship and guidance that can chart a new course for skills development and work experience in our country.
“As this programme creates new opportunities for 20,000 recent graduates annually, we expect that the beneficiaries will maximise the opportunities presented to them and maximise their 12 months of engagement on the programme.
“I will encourage all eligible Nigerians to apply for this programme, I also urge private sector organisations in Nigeria to join us on this programme to provide work placement opportunities, mentors, and funding to support the programme,” he said.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike