Buhari should resign – Dino Melaye
Senator Dino Melaye has called out for the resignation of Muhammadu Buhari over President’s inability to tackle the high spate of security challenges facing the country.
The former lawmaker also lamented it is not proper for the President to always speak to Nigerians through his media aides, Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu, saying the people did not vote in the duo to lead them.
Dino Melaye stated during an interview with Africa Independent Television (AIT) monitored by Daily Report Nigeria.
The former Senator lamented over the growing level of insecurity in the country, describing it as worrisome but the President is absent and unavailable.
Dino insisted that the present spate of insecurity is simply a stamp on the failure of the current leadership, and if President Buhari is incapable of taking action, he should simply resign.
He further lashed out at the National Assembly for turning themselves into tools in the hands of the Executives, and for their inability to fulfil their constitutional obligations.
He said: “President Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians directly, he needs to communicate with the media. Our President is absent, and this has negative concomitant effects on the war against insecurity in the country.
“It is very pathetic but our President is not available. All we hear is presidency says; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina.
“All our security challenges boils down to leadership failure. This man has shown more than enough evidence that he has no capacity to run this country.
“President Buhari should, in the interest of children yet unborn, in the interest of Nigerians that are dying, excuse us. It is simple, he should resign.
“It is expected they will speak like that, because both chambers of the national assembly, the leadership of the national assembly is a creation of the villa, as we speak now, National Assembly is a department of the villa
“It is evident in the National Assembly’s decision not to impeach Buhari despite the array of insecurity and gross display of incompetence by this government.”
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari