President Muhammadu Buhari is set to embark on an official trip to Paris, the France capital.
The President would be in Paris for a minimum of four days, and has been scheduled to also meet with his doctor.
“Buhari will be heading to Paris for four days. He was planning to go to Kampala (Uganda) and travel to London, the United Kingdom, to see his doctors but they opted to meet him in Paris. He will be travelling on Saturday,” the source said.
Buhari had planned to attend the inauguration of Uganda’s tight-fist dictator, Yoweri Museveni, from where he was to visit the UK for treatment.
The planned trip to Uganda has since been delegated to Vice President Yemi Osibanjo at the last minute as the UK trip became unlikely.
Sources from the Villa told SaharaReporters that Buhari’s health, particularly his dementia, had worsen in recent times. The President is said to have acted incoherently at the security chiefs’ meetings in the last two weeks.
“Buhari had wanted to travel to go for Museveni’s inauguration in Uganda and now use the opportunity to go to London but they changed the plans last minute and sent Osinbajo,” a top source had revealed.
The President has embarked on medical trips abroad at least on five different occasions since assuming office on May 29, 2015.
His most recent medical trip was from March 30 to April 6 2021, for a routine medical check-up in London.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari