Former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Attahiru Jega, has labeled the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari as “very disappointing.
Jega stated this during an interview with Daily Trust, Jega saying the Buhari’s administration has performed below the expectations of “so many Nigerians.”
He explained that though Buhari enjoys goodwill from many Nigerians, citizens are worried “about the direction the country is taking.”
The former vice-chancellor of Bayero University, Kano, said; “He (Buhari) has disappointed so many people. He still has time to correct things if he has the capacity to do that. Frankly, his government has been very disappointing,” he was quoted to have said.
“Governance has been very poor at the federal level and many of the states, that is why we are seeing challenges everywhere; whether it is insurgency, banditry, armed robbery or other things.”
Jega served as INEC Chairman from 2010 to 2015, following his appointment by former President Goodluck Jonathan.
He remains the only electoral umpire to have presided over two general elections in Nigeria, in 2011 and 2015.
- NSCDC Intercepts Trailer-Load of Adulterated Fuel, Arrests Three in Kogi
- Division, Insecurity, Hallmark of APC’s Government – Lamido
- Do More For Women, Aisha Buhari Charges Leaders
- Full List of Newly Sworn-in Council Chairmen in Delta
- Video: Okowa Swears in 25 LGA Chairmen in Delta
- APC Protests as DSIEC Declares PDP Winner in All 25 LGAs, 500 Wards in Delta
- PAP: Ex-N’Delta Agitators Kick Against JAMB Condition For Admission, Warns Dikkio
- Why Fani-Kayode Did Not Join APC – Yahaya Bello
- PDP Challenges Buhari Over Alleged N2.5bn Transferred To Family Member
- COVID-19 vaccine: Buhari, Osinbajo Took Malaria Injections – Pastor Giwa Claims