The Igbo National Council (INC), yesterday expressed optimism that the reported favouring of one region of the country in terms of federal appointments by President Muhammadu Buhari, would help the pursuit of actualization of the Nigeria president of Igbo extraction in 2023.
INC, President, Chilos Godsent, spoke to Southeast voice in Owerri, on how the Igbos could achieve the Igbo presidency in the face of challenges from Buhari’s administration.
INC argued that nepotism of the present administration would make the Igbos work together.
According to INC, “Buhari’s nepotism is furthering the unity of Igbo nation to struggle to produce president of Nigeria. The issue is that the Igbos are already united . Nepotism can never be an obstacle.
“There will always be interest. It is not the bases on which the president wants that must win, if not Goodluck Jonathan, would have won even when he contested for himself.”
Also Read: Igbo Presidency Will Fail — Prof Okolie
“The nepotism further demonstrated by the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, will further unite the Igbos to see the need to work collectively. So, the lopsided appointment will be unifying factor for the Igbos,” Godsent said.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals