Chelsea Football Club have stated the only reason that could make them severe ties with their legendary midfielder turned coach, Frank Lampard.
Owner of the London-based club, Roman Abramovich, will only resort to sacking the former midfield powerhouse only if he fails to deliver a Premier League top-four finish for the 2020/2021 season.
The was revealed by former Chelsea star and ESPN pundit, Craig Burley, during a match day live coverage.
“[Lampard’s] got players out of form, he’s got players that are not fully fit, and that’s a problem,” Burley told ESPN.
“They have gone from looking one of the paciest, quickest sides in the Premier League, to one of the most pedestrian.
“That is a huge issue for him because you may have noticed with this owner Roman Abramovich, he doesn’t suffer inconsistency, bad results, no matter who it is. So let me be clear, Lampard is back on the chopping board currently as we speak.”
“It’s turn-up time for Lampard and these players. This cut and thrust period can make and break you.
“I’m not suggesting Abramovich is going to sack him in the next couple of weeks, but there is one thing they need to remember – top four. If they don’t get in the top four, he’s probably done.
“It’s a big season for him. It looked as if it was going swimmingly and now it looks like they’re sinking a little bit. They seem to have a weight around their feet. He’s going to have to find the reason to put it right.”
Lampard and his men currently occupy 6th position on the Premier League log with 26 points from 16 matches. Their most recent outing saw them sufferer a 3-1 defeat to their London rivals, Arsenal on Boxing Day.
- INEC Pledges To Conduct Better Elections in 2023
- NDDC Leadership: Group Demands Justice For Ondo Citizens, End to Illegality
- Police Arrests 113 Clubbers Over Alleged Violation of Covid-19 Protocols
- NSCDC Intercepts Trailer-Load of Adulterated Fuel, Arrests Three in Kogi
- Division, Insecurity, Hallmark of APC’s Government – Lamido
- Do More For Women, Aisha Buhari Charges Leaders
- Full List of Newly Sworn-in Council Chairmen in Delta
- Video: Okowa Swears in 25 LGA Chairmen in Delta
- APC Protests as DSIEC Declares PDP Winner in All 25 LGAs, 500 Wards in Delta
- PAP: Ex-N’Delta Agitators Kick Against JAMB Condition For Admission, Warns Dikkio