The bridge in Iluju community, Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo state collapsed on Sunday.
It was said to have been damaged by the heavy rain witnessed in the community on Sunday.
The incidence hampered host of villagers and farmers from going out for social or economic activities the following day.
The SSS 3 students who were writing WAEC exams in the community were also denied access into their school as such.
Iluju is one of the communities in Ogbomoso geo-political zone of the State and the bridge connects the people the community with other communities in the region.
Jacob Abidoye Bamigboye, the lawmaker representing Oriire State Constituency at the State House of Assembly in Oyo visited the locale on Monday.
Bamigboye urged Seyi Makinde, the Governor of Oyo State to urgently help restore the bridge.
In Bamigboye’s statement: “This is really a sad development. The road is the only link connecting Iluju Community to all other communities.”
“We are grateful that no life was lost in the collapsed bridge.”
He added: “This is why I decided to inspect the damaged bridge and appeal to our amiable Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde to help direct relevant ministry or agency to commence the reconstruction of the bridge.”
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike