The Commissioner for Housing, Zulfa Bitrus who is vying for the chairmanship of Lantang North has abdicated his position of authority in Plateau.
In addition to that, two other commisioners from the same state also resigned.
Commissioner for Urban Development, Alhaji Dayyabu Garga vying for the chairmanship of Kanam Local Government Area and Commissioner for Higher Education, Kakmena Goteng seeking to become the Chairman of Pankshin Local Government Area.
The fact of their resignation was revealed by The Director of Press and Public Affairs, Government House in his statement on Wednesday.
Macham Makut explained that they all resigned to vye for the position of local government chairmen in their respective council areas in the coming election on October.
He added that the publicizing of their resignation by Dan Bafter, the Commissioner for Information, followed the State Executive Council Meeting held on Wednesday.
However, Manjang declared that the positions will not be left vacant as some serving commissioners will be occupying the three ministries precipitately.
The statement read in part, “Manjang said the governor approved that pending the appointment of new commissioners, some serving commissioners will oversee the running of the three ministries.”
“Commissioner for Environment Mr Usman Idi will take charge of Urban Development while the Commissioner for Secondary Education Mrs Elizabeth Wapmuk handles affairs at the Higher Education Ministry. The Ministry of Housing will henceforth be supervised by the Commissioner for Special Duties Mr Jerry Werr.”
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller