Governor Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State, has called on the All Progressives Congress (APC) party members and stakeholders in the State to work towards greater dedication to unity.
In a statement made available by the Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, Funke Egbemode, at the end of the week’s State Executive Council meeting, Mr. Oyetola said he is committed to the party’s growth and sustained influence in the state.
The governor said: “The All Progressives Congress, especially in the State of Osun, is reputed for well coordinated outings, and last Saturday’s ward congress further gave credence to the party’s reputation.
“I must commend the important contributions of party members and stakeholders to Saturday’s peaceful process, especially the state’s party chairman and his team, members of the State’s Executive Council, party chieftains, and a host of other critical actors.
“I congratulate the new executives at ward level, and call on them to be magnanimous in victory. In the interest of our great party, I call on you to work for the party so that it can continue to deliver its progressive ideals to citizens.
“I am committed to the unity, stability and progress of the All Progressives Congress in the State of Osun, and I believe that these ideals should be paramount to any party faithful, and placed over and above all personal interest.
“I believe strongly that what we need at this time is to be constructive rather than being destructive. Violence in any form is unnecessary and we must avoid it in Osun. I commend all stakeholders for ensuring that our state did not record any casualty on Saturday. That is the path we must continue to toe because lives lost cannot be brought back’’.
“I implore us to embrace peace and unity and l am positive that the All Progressives Congress will continue to grow and thrive”,
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike
- One Killed, Several Injured As Gunmen Attack Church in Kaduna