English Premier League side, Crystal Palace have signed former Arsenal captain, Patrick Vieira as their new Head Coach.
Vieira was signed from Nice to succeed Roy Hodgson, who managed the club for four years.
The erstwhile Manchester City midfield maestro penned a three year contract with the Eagles on Sunday that will see him stay at Selhurst Park Stadium till 2024.
“I am really excited to have this opportunity to return to the Premier League, and manage this great football club, as we begin a new chapter together,” Vieira told the Club official website.
“It is a project that is really appealing to me, having spoken a lot with the Chairman and Sporting Director about their ambition and plans for the whole club, including the Academy.”
“The club has fantastic foundations in place after many years in the Premier League, and I hope we can make further improvements and continue to drive the club forward.”
“I am also very excited to experience the atmosphere the club’s supporters make at Selhurst Park and away from home too, and I know just how important that can be for the team.”
Patrick has previously managed Manchester City U21, New York City FC before moving to Nice in the Frnech Ligue 1, where he saw out his two year contract in 2020.
‘Proud and excited to be part of this new journey” Vieira tweeted.
‘I want to thank the Crystal Palace board for their trust and thank the fans for the amount of support I’ve been getting for the past few days.
‘I can’t wait to see you there, back where it all started in the Premier League. Come on you Eagles.’
The Glaziers had earlier made contact with Nuno Espirito, but the then Wolverhampton manager opted to sign for London-based Tottenham Hotspurs instead.
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju