The 2021 edition of the ancient Ogido-Owu Festival begins today, February 1, 2021 at Igbomoturu 1 community in Boma Kingdom, Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.
In a public statement in Yenagoa on Monday, signed by the duo of Bello Goda, Ebipamunu Timimunu, Deputy Highness and CDC Chairman of Igbomoturu 1 community, the duo invited lovers of Ijaw culture and tradition to grace the epoch making ancient festival of the community.
They also explained that all arrangements have been concluded for the cultural event that has tons of spiritual benefits tied to sons and daughters of the kingdom, and all that will participate in the festival.
The announcers noted that the festival is as old as Igbomoturu Clan itself, adding that it is purely for the spiritual cleansing of the clan and her people towards progress for the new year.
According to the duo, the colourful and magnificent display of masquerades, particularly the Ogido-Owu is a great sight to behold.
The three days event will also have King Allen Alabor thrilling guests at the grand finale, following three days cultural displays.
The festival will also feature sports and other social events, making it an all embracing one.
- Photos: Vehicles Set Ablaze as Hoodlums Attack INEC Office in Enugu
- #BringBackGEJ: Youths Begin Campaign For Jonathan to Contest 2023
- Miyetti Allah Tells Herdsmen to Vacate South South
- You’re on Expired Drugs, Aisha Yesufu Blasts Those Against Southern Governors
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Stealing Human Hair in Ondo
- Breaking: Gunmen Burn Down Police Station, Vehicles in Delta
- Video: Leicester City Players Dance to ‘Over The Moon’ by Dr Sid After FA Cup Victory
- BREAKING: Leicester City Beats Chelsea to Win First FA Cup
- Delta 2023: Next Governor Must be Fair to Anioma Nation – Governor Okowa
- BREAKING: JAMB Announces New Date For 2021 UTME