Governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun has accused the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government of not giving the state its fair share of road rehabilitation in the country.
The governor stated this on Monday when Executive Chairman of the Federal Character Commission, Dr. Muheeba Dankaka, was on a courtesy call with his team to Governor’s office, Abeokuta.
Abiodun called on the Federal Government to operate the principle of Federal Character on road rehabilitations.
He said “We are not getting a fair share of road rehabilitation in this state. There is a video being circulated on social media showing the bad condition of roads in Ado-Odo/Ota right now. Ado-Odo/Ota harbours the biggest industries in this country, but regrettably, 90 per cent of the federal roads here are in bad shape.
“The Federal Government has so much to do, but Ogun state needs federal attention on road rehabilitation.
“We deserve a better share of federal attention. I have asked the federal government to give Ogun State roads special attention because a lot of its roads are in this state,”
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller