The senator representing Bayelsa-West Senatorial district in the National Assembly, Seriake Dickson, has condemned politicians who usually decamp to other parties.
Dickson, immediate past Governor of Bayelsa State during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today described the situation as an ugly Nigerian politician culture.
The senator was reacting to the recent wave of defections that hit the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
He said “Between now and the peak of the decamping season which will be next year, you will be shocked how many people will move either this way or that way,”
“Don’t be surprised to see a lot of chicken coming home to roost, don’t be surprised to see some other birds of passage flocking around. That is what we have come to know.
“Is it the right thing to do? No. Is that the way to deepen our democracy, no? Does that speak well of our democratic structure, no? Unfortunately, that is the ugly reality we have to deal with.”
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller
- Breaking: Former CBN Deputy Governor Mailafa Obadiah is Dead
- Buhari Grieves Over Ex-Algerian President, Comforts Tebboune
- Niger Police Arrest 259 Criminal Suspects