…Declares for Governor’s seat
The Chairman of Center for Peace and Environmental Justice (CEPEJ), Comrade Chief Sheriff Mulade has assured Deltans that an Ijaw Governor will bring prosperity to the state.
The revered environmental activist stated this during the Support Delta Ijaw Governor 2023 album launch by Chief Kingsley Takemebo.
Mulade, who was the chief launcher of the album, maintained that Ijaws are long overdue to be at the helm of affairs, owing to the great contributions they make to the state economically.
“Ijaws contribute between 60-70 percent of the economic development of Delta State. It’ll be outrightly unfair to deny us a shot at the helm of affairs.
“It is not a fight. We are not against anybody or any ethnic group that is interested. We are also not against any individual that is running.
“We are only appealing that the Ijaws should be considered by every other ethnic group and to support us like we’ve supported them in the past.”
Continuing, the Ibeserimowei of Gbaramatu Kingdom assured Deltans that an Ijaw Governor would bring no regrets as prosperity is guaranteed for all ethnic nationalities in the state.
“I want to assure you that the Ijaw Governor would give the desired development to Delta state. A robust and far reaching developmental strive to the State, where Delta would become the hub of development.”
Mulade said it is on that premise he is also consulting his people for a shot at the gubernatorial seat of the Big Heart state.
“That is why I’m consulting with my people since I’ve been having the calls to run for the office, I’ve come here to consult them, and to indicate my interest now.
The revered activist emphasised on women and youth empowerment as a priority when the Ijaws finally become the governor of the state.
“And when we finally become the governor of this state, we’ll provide the enabling environment for investors. We’ll provide opportunities for the women, for the youths because they are suffering in the state.
“We’ll elevate them, so that the issue of unemployment, joblessness, can be accommodated, so that insecurity can be curtailed in the state, and night large.”
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller