Delta state governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa has asserted that the next governor of the state must treat the people of Anioma as their own.
The former lawmaker particularly stated that his successor must treat Asaba, the state capital as his own and also treat Anioma nation with all fairness.
The governor dubbed ‘Road Master’ made the call while speaking Cenotaph in Asaba, during the empowerment program organized by Hon Elumelu Ndudi.
“The next governor must be somebody who genuinely sees ASABA as his home, and as the state capital, and will not be unfair to ANIOMA nation of Delta North, or any other senatorial district for that matter,” Governor Okowa said.
Okowa, who is on his second term had earlier noted that the processes to the next governorship election will fully commence from next month.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari