Delta 2023: Braduce Denies Stepping Down From Guber Race
Chief Braduce Amakazi Angozi, a front-line aspirant for the forthcoming gubernatorial elections in Delta state, has debunked rumours of stepping down from the race.
Braduce, a former Commissioner of Agriculture, and Chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party in the state, poured cold water on insinuations of being settled by a co-aspirant.
The report alleged that the ‘Political Pope’ and other leaders of Ijaw extraction accepted settlements to withdraw from Delta 2023 governorship race.
In his reaction, Chief Angozi called on Ijaws and Deltans to disregard the publication, saying it is a propaganda by those who are scared of the power play of the Ijaws, to divide the Ijaw 2023 Governorship agenda.
He stressed that the faceless group was only being used to cause confusion, by roping Ijaw leaders and Governor Ifeanyi Okowa with scandals.
Braduce emphasized he has never sat in a meeting with co-aspirants Senator James Manager, and Deputy Governor, Barr Kingsley Otuaro, or any other Ijaw leader, as well as Governor Okowa to discuss the 2023 election.
“This publication is nothing but a lie. I have never met with any of these persons either in the group or personally to discuss my 2023 ambition. This publication is coming from people who are not thinking good for the state, and the Ijaw race in Delta State, as they are only trying to divide the Ijaws,” he said.
Describing himself as a loyal member of the People’s Democratic Party, Braduce denied accusations of hobnobbing with the All Progressive Congress in Abuja.
“They said that I am APC in Abuja and PDP in Delta. I think some people are afraid. And I will call on the good people of our great party, PDP, the Ijaw’s and the good of Delta to disregard the publication, as it’s a paid propaganda.”
Braduce Amakazi Angozi is a former Chairman of Burutu local government area of the state.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike