By Mackson Ode
The scale of the distribution of real wealth is grossly imbalance in Delta state.
A graphical analysis of the provisions of infrastructural and developmental projects reveal grave lopsidedness. WHY??
A bird view at the three Senatorial Districts of Delta State reveals that some persons are taking some other persons for a ride. WHY???
Looking critically at the the spread of Educational institutions in the state. The Federal Government institutions in the state are all resident in Effurun-Warri, Delta Central Senatorial District; Petroleum Training Institute (PTI), Federal University of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE), These institutions have full and functional operational facilities. The Federal institutions in Delta South Senatorial District (School of Marine Technology, Patani and the Maritime University, Okerenkoko) are comatose or not given the necessary impetuses required to soar like their counterparts in the state and other places.
Talk about, state owned institutions; the Delta state’s university which has its base and mothet campus in Abraka, Delta Central, has two other campuses in Awain (Asaba), in Delta North Senatorial District, Oghara (Teaching Hospital) in Delta Central Central and Oleh in Delta South. No campus or affiliate in either of Burutu, Bomadi, Patani, Warri South/West, etc. WHY????
State owned Polytechnics in Ozoro, Delta South, Oghara in Delta Central and Ogwashiukwu in Delta North. None in any of the earlier mentioned Local Government Areas. WHY???
In all of the above analyses, is it not crystal clear that, there are serious problems with Warri South/West, Warri South, Warri North, Burutu, Bomadi and Patani Local Government Areas of Delta state.
What have the people of these areas done to suffer such neglect and relegation to the background from both the Federal and State Governments????
Talking about Social amenities and infrastructural development, the narrative is even worse in the those Local Government Areas. WHY???
Right from the days of OMPADEC to the current days of NDDC there are no visible manifestations of clear cut policies projects that have directly impacted positively on the people for whom these agencies are established.
Across the six local government areas (supra) there are no roads, no electricity, no portable water, no presence of government, nothing whatsoever, yet, these areas lay the nation’s golden eggs. WHY?
The existing primary and secondary schools in these communities are bereft of facilities. No adequate manpower, no laboratories, no teaching aids, no chairs, no teacher’s quarters that could serve as incentive to teachers coming from outside the communities. WHY?
What exactly have the people of these areas done? In political calculations, these people are treated as second class, WHY?
In order to mitigate or ameliorate the pains of these people (Ijaws), we hereby wish to call on both the federal and state governments to directly and through their agencies take the following steps with utmost urgency and necessity;
1) Commence massive renovations and reconstructions of Primary and Secondary Schools in the aforementioned Local Government Areas.
2) Provide facilities, for the schools to operate fully just like the model schools in the urban cities.
3)Revive the moribund, School of Marine Technology in Patani and adequately fund the construction and operations of the Maritime University, Okerenkoko.
4) Revisit the contracts awarded for the construction of roads across some Coastal Communities. Particularly, the contract awarded by the Ibori administration for the construction of the roads around Gbaramatu Kingdom in Warri South/West LGA and others across the Ijaw communities across the state.
5) Establishment of a Polytechnic in the Coastal Community to serve as a training institute for the multinational oil companies operating in the riverine areas.
6) More attention should be given to the Host Communities by the International Oil Companies.
In the light of the above recommendations, we vehemently believe that there shall be even development of the state which shall in turn bring about Peace and Tranquillity, Progress and Development, etc.
- Osinbajo Calls For Greater Investment In Girl Child Education
- BREAKING: INEC Suspends Continous Voters Registration
- Actress Dakore Akande Celebrates Daughter as She Turns 10
- VAT: Lagos, Rivers Are Nothing Without Other States – Masari
- Woman Raped by a Stranger in Churchyard
- Truck Falls on Car With Four Occupants in Lagos
- Man Arrested For Raping, Impregnating Daughter in Ogun
- 11 Bandits Neutralized, Victims Rescued in Kogi
- Accumulating Debt For Generations to Come ‘Criminal’ – Obasanjo
- BBNaija S6: Whitemoney Hurt by Queen’s Desire to Sleep With Cross