A group had warned that Nigeria will face disintegration in 2023 should the Igbos not be allowed to produce the next president of Nigeria.
This was made known in a statement released by the Igbo youths under the aegis of the Coalition of South East Youth Leaders (CoSEYL) on Wednesday, March 24, in Owerri, Imo state.
In a statement by the President-General. Goodluck Ibem, the group vowed to resist any attempt by any individual, political party or group to discard the agitation for Igbo Presidency in 2023.
The group had earlier condemned the report of the Bala Mohammed-led Committee of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), which it declared “no zoning formula” for the party in the 2023 presidential contest.
Ibem said Igbo was long overdue to produce Nigeria’s president, while noting that ‘nobody could deny that fact as it is their turn’.
The CoSEYL insured that Igbo people had waited patiently and sacrificed for the “plum job” and would therefore not accept any excuse this time.
- EFCC Will Prosecute Uzor Kalu Again, Says Bawa
- One Student Killed as Troops Rescue Five Abducted From Kebbi School
- COVID Cases in Africa Increased – WHO By 52% in One Week, it May Get Worse
- Police: Van Used To Kidnap Kebbi Students Belongs To a Judge — Bandits Hijacked it From Him
- Buhari is Not Sick, He Moved Round Borno For Six Hours – Ali Ndume
- Insecurity: I Feel Safer in Maiduguri Than Abuja – Ndume
- I Don’t Think Gunmen Who Attacked my School Are Nigerians, Says Kebbi Student
- EndSARS protester, Nicolas Mbah regains freedom after spending several months in kirikiri prison
- Uzodimma Seeks Additional State For South East, Defends Buhari on Restructuring
- No Federal Law Created Grazing Reserves, Senate Spokesman Insists