After few months in hiatus, first lady, Aisha Buhari has finally broken her silence on Monday when she posted a goodwill message on her Twitter handle, @Aishambuhari. The message, which she signed personally, was titled ‘Message of the First Lady, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Aisha Muhammadu Buhari, on the occasion of the International Women’s Day 2021.’
The message read: “Today marks the 2021 edition of International Women’s Day. The day offers yet another opportunity for humanity to review and reflect progress made on issues of women and girls.
“This year’s theme: ‘Women In Leadership: Achieving on Equal Future in a COVID-19 World’ is a strong call to appreciate the efforts of women and girls in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic.”
“As a mother, I share the sorrow and agony of the victims and their families. I am also not unaware of the impact that these abductions could have in reverting many successes we have hitherto achieved, especially in terms of girl-child education and early marriages.
“I call on all stakeholders to continue to exert their different levels of influence and bring these abductions to an end and to assure us that girls are safe anywhere they may find themselves.”
- Breaking: Buhari Approves Appointment Of Usman Alkali As Acting IGP
- Woman Discovers Her Son’s Bride is Her Long Lost Daughter of 20-Years
- Learn From Afonja’s Mistake, Group Tells S’East Govs
- It’s Rude To Keep Bibles In Hotel Rooms – Bisi Alimi
- We Give You 7 Days To Leave Calabar – Group Tells Igbo
- Easter: Joy as Engr Uti Donates Food Items For Widows, Widowers in Ogulagha
- There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits In Zamfara, Five Other Northern States – Gov Matawalle
- Delta Man Set To Wed Two Women Same Day
- CCT Chairman Assaults Security Officer in Abuja, Says ‘The Guard Was Rude’
- Don’t listen to anyone telling you to have kids without a job – Reno Omokri