The Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, AYCF has cautioned Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State for alleged moves to turn Government House ,Kano into venue for the birthday party of National leader of the APC and former Lagos State Governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and advised him to move the event elsewhere.
“The plan is an insult on the symbol of authority that the Government House has been to the Kano people for decades,” they said.
A statement issued by the AYCF National President, Alhaji Yerima Shettima yesterday, frowned at the choice of Kano Government House as the only place in the North for celebrating Tinubu’s birthday.
“He kept quiet while Northerners were under attack in Oyo and some parts of the Southwest,” they said.
“While people from Ganduje’s Northern Nigeria were being maimed, Tinubu kept mute even when Northerners’ assets were being destroyed in some parts of the Southwest,” they alleged.
“In the guise of hunting down imaginary herdsmen he could not even condemn the violence. Yet, this is shamelessly the special guest for Ganduje in Kano Government House,” they said.
“Kano is not only the financial nerve centre of the North, but also the symbol of the region’s cultural and historical pride, up to today and we won’t fold our arms and watch this pillar of the North turned into a birthday party venue for people who are not officials of any government in the country.”
The youths urged Ganduje “not to allow himself to be used as the only governor in the North to avail a whole symbol of authority—the Government House for a private citizen’s birthday party, something no Lagos State Governor has ever done to even the most respected politicians or private individuals from the North.
“Why can’t the governor of Lagos State, where Tinubu has a lot of influence do so inside the Government House, Alausa? Has Governor Ganduje ever hosted Aminu Kano’s remembrance in Government House? And if Governor Ganduje is so desperate about pleasing Tinubu, either as associate or political godfather what stops him from using any event
- Breaking: Buhari Approves Appointment Of Usman Alkali As Acting IGP
- Woman Discovers Her Son’s Bride is Her Long Lost Daughter of 20-Years
- Learn From Afonja’s Mistake, Group Tells S’East Govs
- It’s Rude To Keep Bibles In Hotel Rooms – Bisi Alimi
- We Give You 7 Days To Leave Calabar – Group Tells Igbo
- Easter: Joy as Engr Uti Donates Food Items For Widows, Widowers in Ogulagha
- There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits In Zamfara, Five Other Northern States – Gov Matawalle
- Delta Man Set To Wed Two Women Same Day
- CCT Chairman Assaults Security Officer in Abuja, Says ‘The Guard Was Rude’
- Don’t listen to anyone telling you to have kids without a job – Reno Omokri