Men of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested three suspects in connection with the theft and selling of goods belonging to a company.
The goods, valued at N4.7 million, were alleged to have been stolen by Oluwaseyi Oyetunde, Segun Oluwaseun, and Chijoke Ogbu, following the report made at Agbara Divisional headquarters, on 29th August 2021 by one Oluwatosin Ayodeji.
Ayodeji reported that Oluwaseyi Oyetunde, a driver with Hayat Kimya Company, loaded goods worth N4.7 million to be delivered to a customer in Lagos on the 24th of August 2021 and had not been seen since then.
The DPO Agbara Division, SP Saleh Dahiru, deployed an intelligence team to investigate the matter. The driver was tracked, but with an empty truck, he later confessed that he diverted the goods to the receivers, who bought them at a giveaway price.
His confession led the policemen to the shops of the two receivers, Segun Oluwaseun and Chijeoke Ogbu, where parts of the stolen goods were recovered and the two receivers arrested.
Furthermore, the Commissioner of Police, Edward Awolowo Ajogin has ordered a full investigation into the case, with the aim of recovering the remaining stolen goods and formally charge the suspects to court for prosecution.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike