The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested four persons over aledged cyber-fraud.
They include Richman Kas Godwin, Israel Justin Lucky Ebhogie and Precious Iwuji.
The alledged fraudsters were arrested in the Sabo area of Kaduna,
Wilson Uwujaren, EFCC spokesman in a statement said preliminary investigation revealed the suspects engaged in romance scam and impersonation.
The suspects allegedly impersonated United States military personnel on foreign missions to deceive their victims.
Also Read: Police Arrests Six Internet Fraudsters in Nasarawa State
One them, Ebhogie was said to be using his mother’s bank account to launder proceeds of crime and on July 30, 2021, purchased a Mercedes Benz GLK for N7million through the mum’s account.
Iwuji was said to have sold her Facebook account and passport to fraudsters.
EFCC, however, said that the suspects will soon be charged to court.
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller
- Breaking: Former CBN Deputy Governor Mailafa Obadiah is Dead