The ban imposed on Emmanuel TV by YouTube has been described as a ‘blessing’ and ‘work of God’ by Prophet TB Joshua.
The popular cleric also called on his followers to pray for YouTube in the face of the ban on Emmanuel TV.
“That is the work of God! It is like honey; wherever it drops, insects seek and find it,” During a Partnership Meeting last weekend, TB Joshua stated.
Stressing that many of his followers discovered his ministry through the video-sharing website, he said “What happened is a blessing. I want you to help me pray for YouTube. Don’t see them the other way around; see them as friends.”
In another message the following day, TB Joshua stated situations such such th “expected” by believers.
“Whatever we are going through is to prepare us for the future… If you want to be strong, you need hard times to be strong. My message to the viewers all over the world – our struggle makes us stronger,” he counselled.
“Every response – take it to God. Every response – take it for prayer. The channel we are talking about, Emmanuel TV, is a Heavenly channel. This is not a worldly channel,” he calmly concluded in a video uploaded to a new channel named ‘Official TB Joshua’.
Emmanuel TV had over 1.8 million subscribers and over 600 million views before it’s suspension.
Meanwhile, UK-based media organisation, openDemocracy, had claimed responsibility for the suspension, saying it reported the channel to YouTube over several videos in which he prayed for those with ‘same sex attraction’.
In response, YouTube terminated the channel, stating the videos violated their policies on ‘Hate Speech’.
The decision led to an outcry from Joshua’s supporters, who have started several online petitions calling for Emmanuel TV’s reinstatement by YouTube.
The Nigerian-American Press Association (NAPA) faulted Google for the decision, describing it as “discriminatory” and calling on YouTube to restore the channel and “tender an unreserved apology to The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations”.
- Oyedepo Backs Regulation of Social Media
- EFCC Will Prosecute Uzor Kalu Again, Says Bawa
- One Student Killed as Troops Rescue Five Abducted From Kebbi School
- COVID Cases in Africa Increased – WHO By 52% in One Week, it May Get Worse
- Police: Van Used To Kidnap Kebbi Students Belongs To a Judge — Bandits Hijacked it From Him
- Buhari is Not Sick, He Moved Round Borno For Six Hours – Ali Ndume
- Insecurity: I Feel Safer in Maiduguri Than Abuja – Ndume
- I Don’t Think Gunmen Who Attacked my School Are Nigerians, Says Kebbi Student
- EndSARS protester, Nicolas Mbah regains freedom after spending several months in kirikiri prison
- Uzodimma Seeks Additional State For South East, Defends Buhari on Restructuring