Tottenham beat Man City
London side, Tottenham Hotspur defeated defending champions, Manchester City on Sunday’s English Premier League game.
The encounter was dubbed the big game of the opening weekend as football season resumed in Europe.
Spurs shrugged off the absence of lead striker, Harry Kane to give new coach Nuno Espirito Santo a dream start.
South Korean playmaker, Son Heung-min scored to settle scores in a keenly contested game.
Nuno appeared to have deliberately left Kane out of his squad with the England captain closely linked with a move to the Etihad Stadium.
City coach, Pep Guardiola had exercised fears of a slow start to the new campaign in a press conference earlier.
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents
- Probe ‘Accidental Air Strike’ in Yobe – Amnesty Tells FG