The Euro 2020 encounter between Denmark and Finland earlier suspended following the collapse of Danish midfielder, Christian Eriksen will hold tonight.
This was confirmed by the Union of European Football Associations, which earlier confirmed the player was stable and only hospitalized.
The encounter was put to a halt after the Inter Milan midfielder collapsed close to the touchline on Saturday.
A statement through the official Euro 2020 Twitter h andle, @Euro2020, hours after the suspension of the game revealed that both teams have agreed to restart the game by 20:20 CET.
The statement reads;
“Following the request made by players of both teams, UEFA has agreed to restart the match between Denmark and Finland tonight at 20:30 CET.
“The last four minutes of the first half will be played, there will then be a 5-minute half-time break followed by the second half.
“The match had been suspended due to a medical emergency which involved Denmark’s Christian Eriksen. The player is now in hospital and in a stable condition.
“UEFA wishes Christian Eriksen a full and speedy recovery and wishes to thank both teams for their exemplary attitude.
“Tonight’s UEFA EURO 2020 match between Belgium and Russia will go ahead at 21:00 CET as planned.”
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju