Eriksen hospitalised, in stable condition – UEFA
The Union of European Football Associations has confirmed that Denmark’s Christian Eriksen has only been hospitalised and is in stable condition after passing out in Denmark’s Euro 2020 opener against Finland on Saturday.
Inter Midfielder, Eriksen collapsed on the pitch in Copenhagen, causing the suspension of the match in the first half.
Television pictures showed the player’s teammates in tears as medical staff tried to revive the Scudetto winner, who suddenly collapsed near the touchline.
The football governing body released a statement a few minutes after the former Tottenham star was carried out of the pitch on a stretcher, confirming he had been hospitalised and was in a stable condition.
“Following the medical emergency involving Denmark’s player Christian Eriksen, a crisis meeting has taken place with both teams and match officials and further information will be communicated at 19:45 CET,” the statement read.
“The player has been transferred to the hospital and has been stabilised.”
The statement comes as a huge relief to football fans as many had taken to social media to leave emotional messages for Eriksen, accompanied with the Danish flag and love-heart emojis.
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju