Babatunde Fashola, the Minister of Works and Housing, has revealed that truck overload is the major cause of road failure and accidents in Nigeria.
The Minister stated this during his tour of Federal Government assets in Lagos State, noting that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration is working towards ensuring that overloaded trucks no longer ply the nation’s highways.
He said “Once you exceed the specified ACSU load, the specified tonnage per ACSU load, then we have a problem in terms of law and order,”
“These are the consequences: you will pay fines ranging from N1 million to N10 million. So the reason we have done that is that we want to make it cheaper to comply and very expensive to break the law. That way, we hope that people will choose to comply instead of paying excessive penalties.”
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents