Federal Government says it has introduced “Sunday vaccination”, which will focus on administering doses of the COVID-19 vaccine in churches across the country.
Faisal Shuaib, executive director of The National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) , made this known on Tuesday at a meeting with the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), held in Abuja.
According to the director: “I am glad to inform you that from this second phase of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout, we have introduced Sunday vaccination,”
“I must say that feedback from the field is very encouraging, and I sincerely thank all Christian leaders who have given the vaccination team access to their churches and their members to receive COVID-19 vaccine during Sunday service.
“Suffice to say that the Christian community contributed immensely to our achieving wild poliovirus certification last year, and indeed our sustaining the country’s polio-free status for over a year now. We are most grateful as a people and government.
“I am aware that in the states and LGAs, representatives of the Christian Association of Nigeria are strong and committed members of the state and LGA task forces on immunisation.
“These ambassadors have contributed immensely to confidence-building and trust in government-led public health programmes, especially in the days of the Nigeria polio eradication programme, when we were battling with high rate of refusals on vaccination due to rumours and misinformation.”
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari