Boss Mustapha, secretary to the government of the federation (SGF), has revealed that the federal government will soon make COVID-19 vaccination compulsory for civil servants.
The SGF, who is chairman of the presidential steering committee on COVID-19 (PSC), stated this while speaking at a meeting of the health commissioners forum on Thursday in Abuja.
Mustapha said the goverent wants civil servants to be vaccinated, considering that they sometimes represent Nigeria abroad.
He said “You should, in the course of this meeting, deliberate on the challenges caused by vaccine hesitancy all over the country. It is expected that you will come with policy alternatives as solutions,”
“Let me state, however, that the federal government shall, very shortly, unveil its decision on mandatory vaccination for every employee in its service.
“One of the reasons why we want to do that with the federal civil service is because they will be travelling on behalf of the nation.
“Assuming the American government said, ‘you can’t come into their country unless you’re vaccinated’, you have to be vaccinated.
“It’s a sequential thing and we are taking one step at a time, because we realise we don’t have sufficient vaccines in the country at the moment.”
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller