A private secondary school situated in Idung Esimuk, Odori Ikot in Udim Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State, has been gutted by fire.
According to reports gathered, the fire destroyed vital properties of the school including documents, building a worth over millions of naira.
The school proprietor, Rev. Joseph Ada, in her interview with Punch Correspondent on Saturday, said he got the news and immediately rushed to the school, but the fire was imminently uncontrollable.
Joseph said, , “I was at home that night when I received the unfortunate news and before I could rush down to the scene, it was already too late to control the fire. Some concerned neighbors had tried to put it out when it started before my arrival, but their efforts proved abortive as the flame kept increasing.
In addition, the Proprietor begged the local and state governments and corporate entities including the public individuals to aid in the reconstruction of the school, saying it has been a source of livelihood to him and others as well as a citadel of learning in the locality.
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents