A young West Bridgford Colts’ player, Dylan Rich has died following a slump on the pitch during an FA Youth Cup game in Nottingham.
Rich was taken to hospital in an ambulance after he reportedly suffered a suspected cardiac arrest and was treated with a defibrillator during his team’s match against Boston United on Thursday evening.
Sadly, Rich could not make it as his club announced his death on Sunday.
A statement from West Bridgford Colts read:
“It is with great sadness that, following the events of Thursday evening, we have to announce the tragic passing of Dylan Rich.
“This news has left everyone involved with our club devastated and heartbroken.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to his parents Mike and Anna, his sister Lucy and Dylan’s family, friends and teammates.
“The club would like to thank everyone within the Colts and wider football community for the hundreds of heartfelt messages and thoughts that we have received over the past few days.
“The club will provide all the support it can to those players and club officials impacted by this tragic event, but for now there are no further words possible, and we ask everyone to respect the family’s privacy at this incredibly difficult time.”
Emergency services were called out to the pitch following the incident. And the match was abandoned as a result of the incident. The FA said it is “deeply saddened” by the “tragic news”.
A report read, “We send our deepest condolences to his family, friends and everybody at the club at this very difficult time.
“We would like to recognize the courageous response of all who reacted quickly to the situation at the FA Youth Cup fixture on Thursday evening and we thank the emergency services for their efforts.
“We ask that the privacy of both his family and the club is respected at this time.”
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller