The peaceful protest by youths of oil-rich Ogulagha, Burutu Local Government Area of Delta state continues into day two, Daily Report Nigeria reports.
A visit to the Forcados Terminal gate on Saturday morning by our correspondent showed pictures of access roads to the terminal blocked with gigantic trees.
The youths led by ThankGod Iyoroagba remain astute on their demands, even as they occupied the terminal gate over the night.
Findings reveal that notable leaders and chiefs have been trying to talk the youths out of the protest.
Our correspondent gathered that the Shell Petroleum Development Company even fixed a meeting for dialogue for September 9, in Warri.
However, the youths are not buying into the pleas by their leaders and the alleged gimmicks of the company.
“We are not leaving this place until our demands are met. And we are not going anywhere to see anybody. Shell should come to Ogulagha, its host community to talk to us,” Iyoroagba echoed.
“We called for series of meetings with the company before embarking on this protest. They paid deaf ears to us. Today, we’re saying enough is enough,” he added.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike