Demba Ba Announces Retirement
Former Chelsea striker, Demba Ba on Monday called it quit on his football career.
He made the announcement on his official Twitter page after a month without a club following his departure from Swiss side, Lugano.
Born in May 1985 in Sevres, France, Ba represented Senegalese from 2007 to 2015 and played at the 2012 African Cup of Nations.
The Senegalese made his first-team debut with French team Rouen in 2005 ended his 16-year career at the age of 36.
Demba Ba participated in a number of leagues in clubs across Europe, finding the net 181 times in 386 matches.
Ba joined Chelsea on a free transfer in 2013-2014 and scored 14 goals in 33 matches, winning the Europa League before moving on to Besiktas the following year. He scored 18 times in just 29 appearances for the Turkish side.
He also left an unforgettable memory against Liverpool when he scored the famous goal at Anfield, after Steven Gerrard slipped.
He also played for Westham and Newcastle in the English premie league as well.
Demba wrote on his twitter page: “He wrote: “It is with a heart filled with gratefulness that I announce the end of my playing career.”
“What a wonderful journey it has been. Besides all the sweat and tears I have faced, football has given me so many beautiful emotions.”
“From the passion of the fans and the noise coming from the stands after every goal to the connection with my teammates on and off the field, this will forever remain in my head and heart .”
- BREAKING: Army to Punish Female Soldier For Dehuminizing Corp Member
- BREAKING: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Enrolling WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel