Former Miss Nigeria, Helen Prest-Ajayi has gotten a fortune enhancement as the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos declared her entitled to 50 percent of her late husband, Dr. Tosin Ajayi.
Justice Tijjani Ringim gave the ruling on Tuesday in a suit by Miss Tomisin Ajayi and Mrs. Helen Prest-Ajayi as the first and second applicants, which was filed through their counsel, Mr. Abiodun Owonikoko (SAN)
The first to fourth respondents in the suit are the First Foundation Medical Engineering Company Limited; Registrar-General of the Corporate Affairs Commission; Mrs. Oluwayemisi Ajayi; and Mr. Patrick Abak, a lawyer.
First Foundation Medical Engineering Company Limited is owned by the late Dr. Tosin Ajayi.
The judge granted the 13 reliefs sought by the applicants following the respondents’ failure to controvert them.
They include that Prest-Ajayi is “entitled to 50 per cent (or so much as the court may sanction upon audit and valuation) constituting the net assets of the firm, after satisfying all just taxes and debts as family and investment partner of Dr Tosin Ajayi from 1996 till 26, April 2020, to the exclusion of Mrs Oluwayemisi Ajayi, among others.Advertisement
Justice Ringim said, “Despite the service of processes filed on the respondents and affidavits of service duly filed in court, the respondents failed to use the opportunity afforded to them by law to controvert the averment of the plaintiff in the affidavits.
“However, it is a settled law that evidence not controverted is deemed admitted. All the reliefs sought in this application are hereby granted as prayed.”
The report states that Dr Ajayi was a renowned medical doctor, businessman, and philanthropist before he died in April 26, 2020.
He was married to Oluwayemisi. Though they had children together, they’ve been separated for 35 years before his death.
After his separation, he got married to former Miss Nigeria, Helen Prest-Ajayi, who later had a child for him. The child was said to have lived with him until his demise.
- “Someone i Fed and Clothed Arranged My Kidnap” – Rivers Business Man Says
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend