Four men Kill Pastor
Four suspects have been arrested in relation to the murder of a pastor in Luorre community in Khana local government area of Rivers state.
The pastor, who was a driver, was said to have been hired from Eleme by one of the suspect to luorre community.
Briefing Journalists at the scene of the crime in Lorre Community on Friday, August 6, the State Commissioner of Police, Mr Friday Eboka said the four suspects collected the sum of five hundred thousand naira as ransom from the victim’s family, but still went ahead to killed and bury him in a shallow grave.
The CPC also further revealed that the suspects confessed to have killed the father of six ten days after collecting the ransom.
The prime suspect, Prince Odi, 27, in an interview with journalists shortly after leading the police team to the shallow grave, said they killed the victim because he recognized one of them.
Odi said they were contacted by someone who was in need of a Siena bus so they lured the victim and snatched the car.
The deceased’s younger brother, Mr woko Olakada commended the police for their efforts and asked that justice be served in the matter.
Mr Olakada also expressed sadness over the demise of his elder brother noting that the family is in pains as the children of the deceased are facing untold hardship.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike