A former governor of Ogun state, Gbenga Daniel who recently joined the All Progressive Congress (APC) says he made the decision because the party “offers too many options”.
Daniel spoke on Monday when he was received alongside Oladimeji Bankole, former speaker of the house of representatives, by President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa.
Bankole and Daniel recently defected to the ruling party.
The former governor noted the need to give support to “whoever is in power” in order for the country to surmount challenges facing it
“Why APC? There are too many options at the party. One thing is sure that we are going through health and economic challenges, we must do less of political contestations and give support,” he said.
“One thing that is for sure, is that the entire world is going through challenges that are global challenges, economic challenges, health challenges. And when you are in a situation like this, as I usually opined, we should do less of partisan contestation, all of us must come together to support whoever is in power.
“And what we have decided to do is to come and give our support to the president so that jointly, we can continuously navigate the country, that is what is relevant.”
- Photos: Vehicles Set Ablaze as Hoodlums Attack INEC Office in Enugu
- #BringBackGEJ: Youths Begin Campaign For Jonathan to Contest 2023
- Miyetti Allah Tells Herdsmen to Vacate South South
- You’re on Expired Drugs, Aisha Yesufu Blasts Those Against Southern Governors
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Stealing Human Hair in Ondo
- Breaking: Gunmen Burn Down Police Station, Vehicles in Delta
- Video: Leicester City Players Dance to ‘Over The Moon’ by Dr Sid After FA Cup Victory
- BREAKING: Leicester City Beats Chelsea to Win First FA Cup
- Delta 2023: Next Governor Must be Fair to Anioma Nation – Governor Okowa
- BREAKING: JAMB Announces New Date For 2021 UTME